What is guizero?
- It is a Python 3 library for creating simple GUIs
- It is a wrapper for the standard Tkinter library (included by default when Python is installed)
The aim of guizero is to make the process of creating simple GUIs quick, accessible and understandable for children.
- Works with standard Python Tkinter GUI library (and no need to install other libraries)
- Abstracts away details children find difficult to understand (such as Tkinter StringVar() objects)
- Accessible widget naming system to help children to build up a mental model
- Flexible enough to be used for projects up to A-Level standard, yet accessible to primary school children
- Comprehensive and accessible documentation with examples
- Generates helpful additional error messages
guizero is currently version 0.3.3
This is a pre-release version, so there may be bugs and features may change.